A complete array is composed of two main pieces a microfabricated structure and a flexible ribbon cable.
- Contains the transparent electrode array
- Rigid silicon backbone with a protruding electrode array
- Gold interconnecting wires for electronic connection to flexible ribbon cable
Flexible Ribbon Cable:
- microfabricated array protrudes from head of the flexible ribbon cable
- 40-pin edge connector at tail for electronic connection
- Angled handle integrated into head of flexible ribbon cable for easy mounting onto a micromanipulator